The big wide world of marketing is crazy. Think about everything you need to deal with. There are so many moving cogs in the big bad marketing machine. First, think of all the content that is needed. Depending on the business, direct mail is still the most popular. You have email blasts and various social media responsibilities such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Now, Pinterest and Instagram can’t be ignored anymore with the rise in popularity. We haven’t even mentioned the various content and graphics needed within your website. What about video clips showing off your business and/or product? Plus, in this day and age the line between sales and marketing is becoming more and more blurred by the day. Where does the sales team start and the marketing team end?
There is a lot going on. The demand is always high, so being on your toes is pretty much a requirement. You need to have to the ability to adapt and adapt quickly. The ever changing marketing trends are consistently in flux, and it’s incredibly important to keep on top of them. You need to roll with the punches, so to speak. Luckily, there is the internet! The ability to gather this information is easier than ever. The trick is to make sure you do the work and keep an eye out for the all the shifts in the marketing trends.
Thankfully, many have been there before us and many will be there after us. Below are some quotes from the masters of their professions. We should only hope to achieve the success that they have.
- “Marketing takes a day to learn; unfortunately it takes a lifetime to master.” – Philip Kolter
- “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.” – Walt Disney
- “Social media is your embassy, and a good website is your country. Your owned content is greater than Facebook’s Algorithims” – Jim Rosenberg
- “To be honest, it is a bit of a red flag if a brand does not know what a lead is worth. If you don’t know what a lead is worth, how are you going to determine the value of success?” – Lori Kirk
- “What other people say about you is more important than what you say about you. We have moved from a world where we accessed knowledge from authoritative sources to taking advice from complete strangers on the internet. ” – Will McInnes, CMO, Brandwatch.
- “Companies are rushing headlong into content today and rightly so. It’s a battle to get noticed online amidst the noise and crowds.” – Adam Audette, Chief Knowledge Officer, RKG
- “Content is fire: social media is gasoline” – Jay Baer
- “Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, it is about the stories you tell” – Seth Godin
- “Mass advertising can help build brands, but authenticity is what makes them last.” – Howard Schultz
- “Traditional marketing talks at people, content marketing talks with them.” – Doug Kessler