Aren’t adages great? They fill up your facebook feed, barrage your inbox and litter practically every blog post (including this one).
An “Adage” is defined as
“a short, usually philosophical, but memorable saying which holds some important fact of experience that is considered true by many people, or that has gained some credibility through its long memetic use.
It often involves a planning failure such as “don’t count your chickens before they hatch” or “don’t burn your bridges”. Adages may be interesting observations, practical or ethical guidelines, or skeptical comments on life.”
Some adages are products of folk wisdom, some are Marketing Goldmines of opportunity. But there’s too many; the 80-20 Rule, Pareto’s principle, Content is King, Bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
What is the most RELEVANT AND IMPORTANT ADAGE?
Easy! If revenue is important to you that is.
=80% of all sales come from the 5th or more attempt.
So how do you ask for the sale 5 times without being annoying?
Good luck doing it on a phone call. Nope in person is not much better. Here’s a simple plan which won’t burn your bridges with your prospects. Let’s assume you are already using Soffront, the All in One CRM & Email Marketing Platform (now with social media publishing).
1. Initial Ask: Inbound interest, don’t waste too much time trying to disrupt your prospects, create inbound traffic to your website is a prerequisite, but once you have the traffic create some type of ‘bait’ or sometimes called, ‘lead magnet’ in order to capture prospects into your sales funnel. You should ask for the sale on your website right away, however you probably won’t see too much conversion until you gain a deeper relationship.
2. Ask immediately when the initial connection established. How? = Soffront Autoresponder. Set up your Soffront CRM software to immediately mail out a thank you and solicitation in your first email to your new lead.
3. Develop a drip/touch email campaign to communicate with your list consistently but don’t worry about phone calling at all, rather set up Soffront Engagment rules to automatically notify you or your sales reps on the list members that actually clicked on a link, these folks deserve special treatment as they have expressed interest. Call these engaged leads up and solicit with a special discount.
4. Segment your audience (you can use Soffront workflow rules to do this) and solicit each segment according to what you’ve determined is most relevant to them. For instance if you send out email with 3 offers and upon engagement with one of the offers you tell your Soffront CRM software to segment that audience into a unique email campaign focused on their needs.
5. Last Blast, send out audience specific email offering huge discount or special incentive to buy now. By this time your audience has gotten used to your offers but the interested folks have gotten increasingly more targeted emails. When you have a special event focused on these leads they will listen because they are already engaged with your brand and considering using your services.