- Lay the proper foundation. Have your data records (Leads and Customers) all in one place; preferably on a .csv spreadsheet file ready for importing. Make sure that the information on that spreadsheet is as accurate as possible. Know what Groups they belong to. Prepare carefully to Import those records into those Groups. There is an age old adage in the computer world; GIGO. Garbage In Garbage Out. Putting the time in before your Import your data will help your CRM sleep well at night.
- Know your Workflow or Sales Process. This is where your efforts will be concentrated. A bullet-proof workflow will insure that the necessary Tasks that need to be accomplished in order for you to close the deal are accounted for. Make sure that all of your Workflow Stages have the adequate Tasks and they can be accomplished in the proper timeframe. When setting up the task timelines, find the fine line between couch potato and workaholic. Make sure they are realistic and can be completed.
- Create Templates. Your CRM should have the ability to create tons of various Templates. Do it! Create tons of Templates. Tailor your Templates to your business model. Everything that your company sells, offers, or can do, should have Templates describing them. They should be audience specific. Having them at your fingertips when the opportunity strikes will keep your sales gun smoking.
- Rely on your Calendar. If you have properly set up your Workflow or Sales Process that include the appropriate tasks, they should be tied to your calendar. In fact, you should also be tied to your calendar. Your Calendar should list all of the Tasks that need to be completed for each Lead you have. They show the appointments you have made. Do you want to be the one to forget a lunch date with Mr./Mrs. CEO? Keep your eye on the prize. Let your CRM work for you. That is what it is there for. You have worked hard to lay the proper foundation, create a bullet-proof workflow, and create your templates. Your careful design should have your calendar singing to you with all of the songs needed to get customer after customer after customer.
- You have a Friend. Your CRM vendor should have a program to help you hit the ground running. Take advantage of this. They know their product better than you. They will do all of the startup work for you. They will Import your records, create your Workflow, create Templates, and more important, conduct one on one training. Talk about an excuse free deal. A well designed program should include the Technical Support department initiated follow ups. These will help you get over any humps that you encounter after the training. An important relationship will develop between you and them. These Quick Start programs are your safety nets. They protect your investment and help you realize its value. You don’t need to be a Superman if you know one.
“Yes, I’d like a Email Sandwich with extra Marketing and a side of Workflow. Make that to go.”
With the hustle and bustle in your business environment sometimes you want your CRM fix when you are hungry and you need it the most.
Is your CRM cafeteria style with limited choices and you have to be in your seat to eat it?
With the Soffront Sandwich, we have the best of both cuisines. You can have the 10 course sit down version, or you can have the equally tasty to go meal.
You can be effective wherever you are. The Soffront Sandwich is available on Android or on iPhone; whatever plate you choose.
The Soffront Sandwich has all the delicious offerings of the sit down version, but when you are mobile and going from business to business, it is exactly what’s on the menu.
“And I like a chocolate sundae with a cherry on top” You can bet that Soffront’s chefs are designing that as we chew.
According to Ad Age In the final three months of 2014, Facebook served 65% fewer ads than a year earlier, but the average cost of those ads to advertisers was 335% higher. Wow facebook, a 335% increase in cost? Really?
Well more power to facebook but it’s nice to have an alternative. Instead of losing audience at the whim of selected social network, savvy business owners are remembering that there’s one audience which no one can steal from you, Email database. For the past 10 years there’s been a consistent representation in social opinion that email marketing will lose steam. Quite the contrary it has increased in importance. Exactly for the stated reasons.
Consider some of the benefits of controlling your own email marketing:
1. The list is yours, always will be.
2. Direct sales opportunity. Email is still one of the highest converting advertising channels.
3. You can involve automation tools, such as Soffront Online CRM, to do most of the work for you. For instance you can set up CRM workflow rules to automatically notify your sales rep of any email receipient when they click on your pricing page. Obviously someone clicking on your pricing page should be more interested in purchasing your products or services then someone who hasn’t checked your prices. It’s simply a way to qualify your leads so you and your team spend your time on the most likely to convert leads, leaving the less valuable, less engaged leads on the backburner.
Paralysis by Analysis? It happens, imagine keeping track of even just 1,000 prospects using an excel sheet. You’ve got a column for contact name, another column for email address and contact date. But as you try to keep track of more detailed notes you start realizing that using your excel sheet and as your Customer Relationship Management system just doesn’t work.
But what about more obscure systems which you might use. What about sales automation and sales reports. Keeping track of detailed reports isn’t even something you could consider attempting with an excel sheet. So if you’re putting down the old school spreadsheet in favor of using a modern CRM software what other feature sets should you start incorporating?
Sales Reports #1
Keep track of your sales activities. You can use Soffront Online CRM to keep track of your total contacts, the lead stage in your customized workflow, the forecasted amount your opportunities will bring in, and conversion rates such as how many leads do you convert into customers. That’s all automatic and visually graphed for you. Using lessor known CRM Sales Automation techniques will keep you from having paralysis by analysis and instead walk away with actionable knowledge that will profit your business.